- Ireland. A bipartisan representation of MPs is introducing a Fetal Pain Relief Bill 2021, to guarantee care for babies born alive after an abortion.
- United Kingdom. The government will have to answer to the European Court of Human Rights for the policies that liberalized abortion by medication. The organization bringing Downing Street to justice is Christian Concern.
- Canada. The first safe surrender baby box has been opened near a fire station in Strathmore, Alberta. These “cradles for life”, very popular in Italy and in the USA, are a safe and air-conditioned environment to welcome babies rejected by their parents. When the infant is placed inside, an alarm is activated and emergency personnel immediately come for the baby.
- United States of America. The green light given by the Federal Drug Administration for clinics to distribute abortion pills by mail will not take effect in Texas, where buying and selling these “kill pills” is banned.
- United States of America. Democratic Senator Joe Manchin criticizes President Biden’s $2 trillion “Build Back Better” bill, which could therefore be rejected by the federal Senate. Manchin has reiterated his opposition to the funding of abortion with public money that this law provides for.
- Czech Republic. Only natural families can adopt children: Prague Senate has rejected the proposed amendment to the law preventing same-sex couples from registering abroad to adopt Czech children.
- United Kingdom. A large majority of Scots oppose the government’s proposal to allow gender change through a simple self-declaration.
- United Kingdom. The Supreme Court has rejected the proposal to introduce passports that include a third, “neutral” gender option, as this would undermine a legal system built on a clear distinction between males and females.
- United States of America. South Dakota’s Republican Governor Kristi Noem has introduced a bill to allow prayer in public schools.
Freedom of education
- United States of America. A coalition of more than 2,000 orthodox rabbis is calling for universities to drop programs on “diversity, equity and inclusion” because they promote anti-Semitism.
Discussion about this post