You might not choose Donald Trump as your neighbor. If you like a quiet neighborhood, you just would not be up for the tumult. But in a few days you’re not voting for a neighbor, you’re voting for who will be the leader of the free world in a time of upheaval. Perhaps you didn’t vote for Donald Trump in 2016. That does not matter at this point: it is critical that you vote for Donald Trump in 2020.
The simple truth is that Trump has been the most effective pro-life president of the modern age. Beyond the obvious victories for life through his judicial appointments, Trump has led historic initiatives at the UN to improve any pro-life action and reverse UN pro-abortion decisions. The Geneva Consensus Declaration delivered just few days ago is only the latest example.
The Biden-Harris administration would be, by any honest account, the most pro-abortion, LGBTI and anti-religious freedom political force in American history. It would have a tragic impact not only on your life but it would pressure many countries in the world to liberalize abortion, legalize same-sex “marriage” and surrogacy, limit religious freedom, freedom of education, parent’s rights and biblical teaching… and it would condemn millions of unborn children to death.
Human dignity and the sanctity of human life are the most basic truths, and we believe there is no hope for defending human dignity for all if it is denied in the womb. What is happening in Poland—the protests against the recent Supreme Court ruling preventing eugenic abortions—is a clear example of what will be done in the United States, if Biden and Harris win: abortion will be expanded to be always free, for any (including eugenic) reasons, without any common-sense limits. It is simply a fact. What is promoted by Socialist and Communist Government in Spain is another example: the systematic erosion of every dimension of human dignity and Christian culture: which is precisely what ‘the Squad’ want for a new “progressive” America.
Joe Biden is speaking daily about his Catholic faith, making sure to show his Rosary to all, but he is not respecting the most fundamental Christian principles! He would and could not apply “Catholic Teaching to Major Issues” suggested by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. He would not respect key points in the Catholic Catechism or the “Doctrinal Note on Participation of Catholics in Political Life“ of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith of November 24, 2002. Biden’s speech in Georgia on October 27th quoted the recent Papal Encyclical letter from Pope Francis, ‘Fratelli Tutti’, accusing Trump of spreading a “phony populism that appeals to the ‘basest and most selfish’ instincts” and advised that “politics is something more noble than posturing, marketing and media spin. These sow nothing but division, conflict and a bleak cynicism”. While the liberal Jesuit-run America Magazine thinks this applies exactly to Donald Trump, the reality is that Joe Biden’s words more appropriately describe his own posturing and demagoguery.
The reality is this:
- The mass media and social media giants are openly supporting Biden and Harris and censoring Trump and Pence;
- Biden and Harris have supported “the ‘basest and most selfish’ instincts” of rioters, protesters in city after city (Portland , Seattle, Philadelphia etc.) and only condemned the chaos when it looked like the American people were turning on it.
- As American Jesuits and Biden supporters should know, taking a sentence out of context is very dangerous. It is even more dangerous if you take an Encyclical Letter out of the full Christian Social Teaching. Indeed, even the Pope Francis’ teaching on unborn children rights, human dignity, marriage, natural family, neo colonization of oppressive gender ideologies are solid and totally consistent with the entire teaching of the Church and His Doctrine.
Biden should answer these very simple questions:
- Do you support Referendums in Colorado and Louisiana to limit abortion?
- Will you maintain the measures taken by Trump to defend life and limit abortion (including funding) in the US and the UN and other countries around the world?
- Will you respect the religious freedom of believers, the education of schools and the rights of parents, conscientious objection for religious hospitals?
- Will you promote marriage, the natural family, the right of children to have a father and mother and fight against human trafficking and surrogacy?
- Will you defend American history and culture, including its Christian roots, and stand up for real freedom of information and speech for all American citizens?
But we know Biden cannot answer, not even ‘Christians and Catholics for Biden’ will do it. Biden might be a fine neighbor, a nice grandfather to quietly have a beer with. But he would be a horrible President. Americans have the chance to maintain a pro-life and pro-family President and a majority in the Senate. All you have to do is vote for Trump and the Republican Senators. It’s that simple.